Asakusa Samba Festival is Japan’s largest samba carnival festival, held towards the end of summer. It is also one of Tokyo’s most popular festivals, attracting 500,000 visitors annually. The highlight of this festival is the sight professional samba dancers wearing elaborate and vibrant costumes as well as beautiful dancers wearing it.
For people who love colorful, gorgeous costumes and lively dance and rhythm, this festival would surely be a suitable finale to summer!
Every last Saturday of August
This year →August 29, 2015 (Sat)
Time: 1:00 P.M. ~ 6:00 P.M.
※ Parade contest starts from 1:30 P.M.
※ The event will still be held in case of light rain.
Venue: Taito-ku, Asakusa (Tokyo)
From Umamichi Street ～ Kaminarimon Street
How to Enjoy
Asakusa Samba Carnival is a team dance competition with about 20 participating teams. A parade of thousands of musicians and dancers in vivid costumes, led by each team next year’s prospective candidate for the Queen of Drums, march from Umamichi Street through Kaminarimon Street in Asakusa.
Best Watching Spots
- In the middle of Kaminarimon Street: It’s better to watch the parade from the straight angle than in the corner. Besides, there are shops that you can use toilet so it will be reassuring as the parade last for long hours.
- If you want to watch from cool place, we recommended Starbuck 2F and Edo Street’s Burger King. It might be competitive to secure seats in these restaurants as well so we recommend you to go early.
Best time to go
- If you got to the venue by 10:00 A.M., you can get the special front seats along the parade course. However, before 1:30 P.M., the streets are still open to vehicles so please wait beside the street until the street closed to vehicle traffic at 1:30 P.M. When the street closed, you can start securing front rows watching spot.
- There are hardly any good watching spots left if you come only two hours before the parade starts, so it’s better to come early and be prepared with foods, drinks, and foldable chairs.
Nearest Station: Asakusa Station
You can travel to Asakusa Station by the following lines:
Tokyo Metro Ginza Line→ Asakusa Station → walk 3 minutes
Tobu Sky Tree Line → Asakusa Station → walk 3 minutes
City Subway Asakusa Line → Asakusa Station → walk 5 minutes
Tsukuba Express → Asakusa Station → walk 3 minutes
- As this parade is held in mid-summer and is crowded with lots of people, please be careful of heat stroke, fainting, and other possibilities.
- This is a festival held for longs hours, therefore please wear comfortable clothes. Also please take preventive measure in taking care of your health by bringing enough water and be careful of heat stroke. If you do not feel well, please withdraw from venue
- The festival is expected to be crowded as it is one of the big events that mark the end of summer. It would be really crowded that you could hardly walk, just like the train rush hour. However, spectator does not only stay in one place and watch; sometimes people may get out of the row amidst the parade, so even if you are at the back you can still see.
We arrange tickets on your behalf!
Nozomi Co. Ltd. arranges tickets of various events held in all over Japan on your behalf. It only takes 3 minutes to make a request! It’s Fast・Easy・Convenient, so please use our service.
When making purchasing request to our company, we charge JPY 2000 per ticket as a service fee. Upon making purchasing request, please pay “ticket price + service fee”. If you wished the ticket to be delivered via mail, delivery fee must be paid as well. (Example) Ticket Fee Price x number + JPY 2000 Service Fee + Delivery Fee (We are using Japan Post’s EMS. For the price chart, please click here).
If there is any ticket you want to purchase, please let us know the ticket event’s name and number of ticket, and send us request from the Contact Form page. We will promptly reply back with more details and price estimation.
Our company is located in Kyoto, the world’s renowned tourism city, with 13 years of history. We provide services for foreign tourist travelling to Japan. We offer not only ticket arrangement service for event or concert, but also attractive activities, famous restaurants, and tourist attractions that only provide reservation in Japanese. Don’t you want to try a unique travel experience? Please feel free to contact with us.