Japanese flower arrangement has very unique senses of beauty, structure and rules which differ a lot from the flower arrangement in the West. Unlike the Western style flower arrangement which adopts gorgeous and colorful style using many kinds of flowers, Japanese flower arrangement is based on the minimalism; using fewer flowers (compared to Western style) and interspersed among leaves, stalks and twigs.
As flowers are very often painted in Japanese women’s traditional dress, Kimono, it shows how important flowers mean to Japanese people and their souls. Experiencing the Japanese flower arrangement will definitely draw you into the gate of Japanese beautiful arts.
【Name】WA Experience KAFU
【Address】373-26 Horiike-cho, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto 605-0038
Venue: Kyoto Station → Higashiyama
[Route 1] Kyoto Station 京都 → (Kyoto Subway Karasuma Line) →Karasuma-oike Station 烏丸御池 → (Kyoto Subway Tozai Line) → Higashiyama Station 東山
3min walk from Exit #1 of the Higashiyama Station.
[Route 2] Kyoto Station Bus Teriminal → (Kyoto City Bus #5) → Jingumichi Bus Stop
[Route 3] Kyoto Station Bus Terminal → (Kyoto City Bus #100) → Kyoto-kaikan Bijutsukan-mae Bus Stop
English: 070-6505-1187 (for urgent) / Japanese: 090-9101-1820 (for urgent)
** These numbers are only for last minute cancelation or in case you get lost on your way to the shop.
- You need to make the reservation at least before 5 P.M. of the previous day.
- Please mention the course that you wish to take in the message box of the online reservation form.
- Please refrain from cancelling without prior notice. In case you wish to cancel.
- please inform the shop no later than 5 P.M. due to their material preparations.
- After completing the online reservation, you should receive confirmation e-mail; otherwise your booking is not completed. In case you did not receive the confirmation e-mail, you should contact them within 24 hours by filling the online application again or send email at: email@example.com
Price and Plans
- Hand-on Course (75 – 90min): 5,000 JPY per a person (approx. 41 USD)
- Demonstration Course (30 – 45min): 3,000 JPY per a person (approx. 24 USD)
- + 2,000 JPY (approx. 16 USD), optional activity of demonstrating Japanese tea ceremony (45 – 50min) is available after taking the course. If you wish to sign up for this activity, please mention it in the online reservation, in the message box provided.
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 10 A.M.
- Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday: 4 P.M.
How to Enjoy
Since there are many different schools of the Japanese flower arrangement, it would be interesting to learn the different technique from different schools. The most common and well-known schools are: Ikenobo, Sogetsu and Ohara. Some schools advocate that the arrangement should look similar to flower in the wild, other focus more on the precision of the shape, line, form and angles etc. By trying the different schools, you may also find your own style too!
- Please pay careful attention when using the tools, such as scissors and needle-point flower holders.
We arrange tickets on your behalf!
Nozomi Co. Ltd. arranges tickets of various events held in all over Japan on your behalf. It only takes 3 minutes to make a request! It’s Fast・Easy・Convenient, so please use our service.
When making purchasing request to our company, we charge JPY 2000 per ticket as a service fee. Upon making purchasing request, please pay “ticket price + service fee”. If you wished the ticket to be delivered via mail, delivery fee must be paid as well. (Example) Ticket Fee Price x number + JPY 2000 Service Fee + Delivery Fee (We are using Japan Post’s EMS. For the price chart, please click here).
If there is any ticket you want to purchase, please let us know the ticket event’s name and number of ticket, and send us request from the Contact Form page. We will promptly reply back with more details and price estimation.
Our company is located in Kyoto, the world’s renowned tourism city, with 13 years of history. We provide services for foreign tourist travelling to Japan. We offer not only ticket arrangement service for event or concert, but also attractive activities, famous restaurants, and tourist attractions that only provide reservation in Japanese. Don’t you want to try a unique travel experience? Please feel free to contact with us.