Wouldn’t it be an awesome experience to dress up like a Maiko and walking in the classic street of Kyoto? It will make you enjoy the atmosphere of Kyoto even more. All the procedures such as full make-up, hair styling, and Kimono dressing, will be done by professional shop. Maiko Experience is a unique way to enjoy wearing traditional dress and sightseeing in the historical district at the same time.
** Maiko is female performer of singing, dancing, playing musical instruments who attends visitors during feasts
【Address】4-319 Miyagawa Street, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto 605-0801
[Route 1]JR Kyoto Station 京都 → (JR Nara Line) → Toufuku-ji Station 東福寺 → (Keihan Railway) → Gion-shijo Station祇園四条
3min walking from the Exit 1 of Gion-shijo Station
[Route 2】JR Kyoto Station 京都 → (Kyoto Subway Karasuma Line) → Shijo-karasuma Station 四条烏丸 → (Hankyu Kyoto Line) → Kawara-machi Station河原町
5min walk from the Exit 1 of Kawara-machi Station
[Route 3] Bus
Kyoto City Bus: Number 4, 特 (extended) 17 and 205
Get off at Kawara-machi Matsubara Bus Stop
【Opening Hours】9:00 – 19:00
【Office Hours (Phone only)】7:00 – 22:00
Make-up & Dressing: 40 – 50min
Undressing and removing make-up: 30min
- The whole duration might take you around 2 – 3 hours + α
** Online reservation is available until 2 days prior to your actual experience day.
【Reservation by Phone】available both in-advance and on the actual day, however if you are going to book on the actual day, you are recommended to arrive at the store a little earlier.
Price and Plans
- Okigaru Plan – 6,500 JPY + tax (8%) (approx. 53 USD) *cash only
- Nagomi Plan － 10,000 JPY + tax (8%) (approx. 81 USD)
- Aoi Plan – 13,500 JPY + tax (8%) (approx. 110 USD)
- Miyako Plan – 15,500 JPY + tax (8%) (approx. 126 USD)
- Gion Plan – 24,000 JPY + tax (8%) (approx. 195 USD)
- Yasaka Plan – 30,000 JPY + tax (8%) (approx. 244 USD)
1) The price differs by each plan based on the number of professional pictures to be taken, the duration of outside walk, the available option for wig.
2) Other plans such as Geisha Plan, Samurai Plan (for men), Oiran Plan, Kids Plan, Kimono Rental are also available.
3) You can change your plan on the actual day as well.
For more details of the plan, please refer to: http://www.maica.tv/e/plan/index.html
How to Enjoy
Since the store is located in the selected preservation district for its historical views, you can enjoy the view around the shop.
Bringing your camera is a must; this store gives you the free 60min self-shooting by your own camera and also meanwhile walking outside. As the staff will guide you to walk in the Japanese garden, you can also enjoy the sightseeing in the historical district.
As for the store, it is the largest Maiko Experience Shop that has nearly 50 wigs and wide varieties of Kimono. It also actual traditional rooms as photo background, such as the tea ceremony house, traditional reception room etc. You can enjoy your photo-shooting in different location inside of the store.
- You need to bring your own make-up remover and face wash, and face towel with you.
- If you wish to do your make-up after removing the Maiko make-up, it is better to bring your own make-up kits.
- If you wish, you can also wash your hair after finishing the trial.
- If your companions do not want to try Maiko experience, there is waiting room for them.
- As the shop will do your full make-up, it is recommended that you visit the store without make-up, even if you came along the make-up on, you will be asked to remove your make-up.
- If you do not wish to apply the white color foundation, it is possible to do the natural color-skin make-up, however, you will not be able to walk outside (even it was included in your plan) in order to protect the genuine image of Maiko.
Even you are taller than other people, there will not be much problems as the Kimono is usually made longer than average height. In case, the Kimono is still too short for you, the store will edit the photo so it looks normal.
We arrange tickets on your behalf!
Nozomi Co. Ltd. arranges tickets of various events held in all over Japan on your behalf. It only takes 3 minutes to make a request! It’s Fast・Easy・Convenient, so please use our service.
When making purchasing request to our company, we charge JPY 2000 per ticket as a service fee. Upon making purchasing request, please pay “ticket price + service fee”. If you wished the ticket to be delivered via mail, delivery fee must be paid as well. (Example) Ticket Fee Price x number + JPY 2000 Service Fee + Delivery Fee (We are using Japan Post’s EMS. For the price chart, please click here).
If there is any ticket you want to purchase, please let us know the ticket event’s name and number of ticket, and send us request from the Contact Form page. We will promptly reply back with more details and price estimation.
Our company is located in Kyoto, the world’s renowned tourism city, with 13 years of history. We provide services for foreign tourist travelling to Japan. We offer not only ticket arrangement service for event or concert, but also attractive activities, famous restaurants, and tourist attractions that only provide reservation in Japanese. Don’t you want to try a unique travel experience? Please feel free to contact with us.